Friday, February 15, 2013

A few notes



From a page I made to accompany Marianne Moore’s poem “The Mind Is an Enchanting Thing.” I hope you agree that this paragraph is more fun than an anthology’s footnotes.

Other Marianne Moore posts
Marianne Moore magic
Q and A

[Nothing is certain but death and parataxis.]

comments: 4

Anonymous said...

Reading this, though, has shown me that there are those like yourself who are blessed with parataxis, but unfortunately numerous are those who seem to suffer from it.

Michael Leddy said...

I hope I am. It’s one of the most important things I learned about in college.

E. said...

Reminded me, peripherally, of David Markson's later novels -- wonderful collections of facts drawn from across the art and history. A little irritatingly show-offy at first (or so I thought when Reader's Block first came out) but I was quickly won over. Themes slowly, gently, start to assert themselves. Little waves of facts & trivia, and every few pages a WOW-level bit of knowledge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Markson#Late_novels

Michael Leddy said...

Thanks for that association — I’ve had David Markson’s work on my to-read list for some time now.