Monday, March 10, 2014

Naked Fordham City


[“Memory of a Red Trolley Car,” Naked City, June 13, 1962. Click for a larger view.]

That’s the Rose Hill campus of Fordham University, the Bronx, New York. The beautiful building in the background, past the lawn known as Edwards Parade, is Keating Hall. I kissed a girl standing under that arch. Sigh.

It feels odd to me that the distance between this Naked City episode and my college years is far smaller than the distance between my college years and the present. Sigh.

This is the second and last Naked City episode featuring the Rose Hill campus. The first, “Murder Is a Face I Know,” has glimpses of the campus and the Fordham Road-Webster Avenue intersection. Again: Sigh. But also: Represent.

Related reading
All OCA Naked City posts (Pinboard)

comments: 0