Thursday, July 2, 2015

EDC

A few days of reading Everyday Carry, and I felt too ill-equipped to leave the house. The things people find necessary! Where do they think they’re going?

No harpoons though. Not yet.

[A harpoon is Queequeg’s everyday carry, even to the breakfast table. Me: keys, phone, wallet.]

comments: 4

misterbagman said...

I realize it's wholly unrelated to this website, but the first thing that popped into my mind when I read your post was The Things They Carried , by Tim O'Brien. Fine writing.

Michael Leddy said...

I thought of that too but thought I could get away with the word carry. Maybe not though.

Matt Thomas said...

Queequeg's everyday carry also included human skulls.

Michael Leddy said...

@Ian: I’ve revised to remove carry. Too close to Tim O’Brien.

@Matt: Indeed. Everyday Carry has something along those lines. It’s no. 11 in the picture.